Dylan asked in TravelAsia PacificPhilippines · 5 months ago

Where can you buy or order pure barley in the Philippines?

My friend from the Philippines wants me to send pure organic barley from the UK.

But it's too complicating and expensive for me to send it there even though he'll pay for it.

He's also afraid some of the ones sold there in the Philippines may be fake ones.

Is it possible to order one from the Philippines that's natural safe pure organic barley?

• Toruko

Yes. Better there than China or it best trading partners in India.

• james

You go on line. Under wheat grain seeds Philippines. Order from India or China.

big big barly shope by barly.I can pure barly order

I think you should just explain to your friend that you are very sorry but it's really expensive to buy and ship to the Philippines and isn't practical. (Don't even mention the issue of payment). I suspect they'd leave you to pay anyway, and you'd never receive the money. People from poorer places often do this, hoping you'll just send it as a gift. You may not be a wealthy person, but to people in poorer economies, everyone here looks as if they have money, when it's not always true. And it seems as if we have easy access to all sorts of goods, so it's tempting to try to use you.

That's not to say that this isn't a good friend. It just seems like an easy solution to his wanting some organic barley. But if you think about it, many people in the Phillippines must be eating locally grown barley without destroying their health.

There is no guarantee anything sold as "organic" in the UK is actually grown without pesticides.

It's often mixed, whether accidentally or for cost saving, with the other bulk crop grown normally.

Also, things being "natural" or "organic" have absolutely no relevance to them being good or bad for health etc. - think about it; every wild poisonous plant, seed, toadstool etc. is natural and organic!

Just tell your friend to go to a supermarket or farm shop.

Fake Barley? How do you do that? It's a grain, after all, and should be recognizable.

Otherwise, if you don't trust the local sellers and only need a little (which your story implies), grow your own.