My manager called me to come in early today but I said I was unable to. Am I in trouble?

Today I am schedules to work from 5 to 9. At around 10:30 he calls me to ask if I could come in at 11 instead. I told him I couldn't cuse I was unable to and he tells me "hey thats ok, have fun" am I in trouble?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

You're allowed to say no especially on such short notice. If you already had plans then you already had plans. Of course, it's beneficial to you and to them if you were able to go in. You'd make more money and they'd have more covfefe.

• No you shouldn't get into trouble if you're not able to make it. If you it's something important then you can't just drop what you're doing. You're allowed to say no to that once in a while. They even said that it's okay.

• 6 months ago

Don't make it a habit of constantly finding ways to miss work or come in late( If you were to do that almost all the time, then the manager would be concerned and might talk with you about it). Other than that, you're okay.

• 6 months ago

More than likely (85%) you are not. However, you could have made brownie points if you could have offered to go in even an hour or two early. "Hey boss. Sorry, but I am really tied up until 2. Would it help if I could be there at 2:30?"

But given it was a last minute request, you should be okay.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i would hope not, but they probably needed you, i wouldve carne in, youre lucky to have a job, wish i did

• 6 months ago

Yes indeed you are.

• Robert
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

No. why would you be? He asked, did not demand, and with a 30 minute notice I am sure he would not expect you to drop everything. He was only asking

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.