Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 6 months ago

Why chefs and bakers are mostly males? Do most of the females are distracted to cook/bake the order in the restaurants?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

This isn't true at all. Maybe more FAMOUS ones are male. You'll have to ask the people who made them famous.

• John
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I've heard it said that much of it comes from the traditions of French cuisine. High restaurants, elegant dining and culinary schools were a male club for a century or more. That has changed greatly and continues to change. Watch the competitions on the Food Network - at least half of the chefs are women.

• 6 months ago

thats only true on television, not in real life and also depends on where you live.

I spent 25 years as a chef...there were both men and women doing both baking and cooking where ever I worked.

• patty
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

it can be a heavy job maybe

• ckngbbbls
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Heavy job??? Ever drag a 34-40 pound toddler out of the store when they want to stay? Or handle the groceries and kids?? Women have been doing heavy jobs since time immortal.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Perhaps you could ask a question in English.

• Ben
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Well it's more of a strictly work/job type thing whereas the woman "tend the house" and so might more likely be the host/hostesses or whatever in a restaurant environment, something that involves more chatting and socializing.

• Ben
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

A couple hours...funny, the Chinese restaurant I worked at yesterday had a woman that greeted the customers with a man in back cooking the food. My answer stands.

• 6 months ago

Luck of the draw on gender.

In some cultures, men do the cooking. In the US, it's primarily women.

So... it depends on that too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.