Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 6 months ago

I started my first job and I already want to quit after my first day. Its Chick Fil A BOH job and it’s too stressful for me. What do I do?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

It'll be overwhelming at first, but I'm sure that with time, once you adapt to the habits and work situations that you're in... you'll get used to it and work wouldn't be as stressful. It'll even be more fun once the paychecks start rolling in, hopefully ;)

I'd say, give it 2 weeks to a month. If you find that work is becoming more stressful in that timeframe(to the point that you're DREADING having to go), then quit. Either have that talk w/ them saying that you want to part ways, or just say that you'll put in your 2 weeks.

It is good to be independent and have extra cash coming in from at least one source....but so many people in the world are doing jobs that they're not passionate about. It's that, and/or they're not doing jobs that they enjoy at all.

If you really don't need the money, and 2 weeks- a month has passed by, then don't do it anymore. Quit, move on with your life, and be happy :)

• Joe
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Their will be a lot of new things in your life. That equals a lot of stress. Learn to embrace it. Grow from it. Become a better person for it. That is what life is all about....

• 6 months ago

I suggest you pray to God and ask Him to make work more bearable for you.

• 6 months ago

Hardly anybody enjoys a new job the first day. It's always stressful. But if you'll stick with, it can turn out just fine and you might even come to love it. You are making too quick judgement based on limited experience.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • hamel5
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I like Jay's answer.

But, the first day, in a job like that - is the worst. Give it a couple more shifts and see if it gets easier. You'll probably find that as you get experienced that that things "slow down" for you and start to make sense.

• 6 months ago

Put up with it or quit. Maybe once you get used to it then it won't be so bad but if you are sure you are quitting then the sooner the better.

• 6 months ago

All jobs are stressful when you are new.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A BOH job is a back of house job that does not deal with rude customers. Any employment has management and some people interaction. You should have a defined set of tasks, or they are showing you things that will be part of your job. If you quit this job, then very few jobs are suitable. Give yourself at least two weeks to understand the job and determine exactly what is making you stressed, because all jobs have some stress. If you want to earn money, try to learn how to handle the stress. Do you expect to be paid to sit around doing nothing?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Your Health and Mental State of Mind comes FIRST! - QUIT! NOW!

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You give it a chance. One day is not nearly enough time. You're likely nervous b/c you need to learn so many new things. Learn them and your stress will decline.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.