Why Are Wealthy People Are Usually Interested In Paintings/Arts?

I'm curious because from what i've seen, usually big houses have these painted portraits,landscapes,abstract art etc. Is it a social display of their status in society whatsoever? Or just to show off how rich they are.

1 year ago

Art is an investment for such people, although I'm sure many of them enjoy looking at it too.

1 year ago

They're using it as an investment & a tax write off. Or to show off. It's also a great way to launder money. Btw, most of these people are getting ripped off with fake art. Art forgery is more profitable than real art.

• 1 year ago

It's not really just wealthy people. I have plenty of paintings in my house. It's a pretty common decor in houses. In fact, almost every house I've ever been to has had some sort of painting hanging up, so I don't know what you're talking about. If you are referring to expensive art specifically, then yes, rich people will have more than the normal person.

1 year ago

not so much now but years ago having paintings on the wall was popular and showed your wealth. Art is a good investment as it usually goes up in value. Also there might be people like me who enjoyed drawing and painting etc.

• Cogito
    1 year ago

Many of them are, and many treat them as a form of investment.

• 1 year ago

It's not either a social display OR showing off necessarily. Some people truly and deeply appreciate fine art, sculpture, craft, etc. Those who appreciate it AND can afford it are very fortunate.

• Sandy
    1 year ago

I was watching Riviera and it seems art is the last bastion the (criminal) rich have to launder money.