Is this right?

So, I work in an Indian Restaurant as a delivery driver/waitress fairly close to home. My manager called me at the last minute today 1.5hrs before I was supposed to start my shift asking if I could start even earlier at a different store over 1hr away from me. I told him this and he said 'do you plan on coming... show more So, I work in an Indian Restaurant as a delivery driver/waitress fairly close to home. My manager called me at the last minute today 1.5hrs before I was supposed to start my shift asking if I could start even earlier at a different store over 1hr away from me. I told him this and he said 'do you plan on coming in for your scheduled shift' and I said of course and then he goes 'the thing is ... is really sick and can't make it in, so they really need someone over there.' Now I've worked at this store once or twice before due to a similar scenario but not for a long time. I made it clear I wouldn't make it by the time he wanted me too and he said can you go there at the regular scheduled time then, and I felt like I couldn't say no. The thing is, nowhere in my contract do I have an obligation to fill in for someone at another store if they don't show up, and I feel like they really should have their own employees at their branch that can cover for them. It makes me anxious because I don't know that store well and every other time I've had to work there it's been a ghost town with max 3 deliveries for the entire night. Is it right of him to do this?
6 answers 6