Sam
Sam asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 year ago

Do you like spam?

I bought the over roasted "turkey spam" because I wanted to try it. I have to say sliced and fried, and made into sandwiches, I kind like it. Its easy to do and tastes better then I expected. I think its alot better fried in pan though, not sure I would like it just out of the can.

• 1 year ago

Love spam! Spam and cheese sandwiches are so good.. (fried of course)

• Mintee
    1 year ago

overly processed, salted, chemically laden meat puree that has solidified and put into a can is the most disgusting thing I can possibly think of on earth... its hideous.. I wouldnt give it to my dog..

• 1 year ago

I don't eat pork but I loved corned beef.

• 1 year ago

Not as my staple food source though. I take spam with me when I camp out in near by mountains in LA to make ground meet and cabbage stew, sometimes I mash them up in tiny chunks to serve as taco meat in the campsite. But never at the dinner table.

• Joseph
    1 year ago

Sometimes, got to be in the mood

• Anton
    1 year ago

It is one of the things you want stocked up in case of the Zombie Holocaust -- a can of Spam is good for a dacade. I generally have a dozen cans in the larder. Use for:

Spamwich -- sliced, bread, tomato, lettuce, swiss, mustard. Cooked or not, but tastes better fried in butter

Spam and Eggs -- classic English breakfast.

Spam Skillet, for dinner. In the skillet, butter, diced onion, diced potato, diced bell pepper, diced pineapple, diced Spam, splash of Teriyaki. A half can for one serving, close to my daily limit for sodium. My Cardiologist hates Spam. Tough ****.

• denise
    1 year ago

I prefer it fried rather than just sliced out of the can.

Battered fritters made with spam are good too.

• tony
    1 year ago

i love spam and like to spice it up...heres some of my tips..enjoy,,,,, fried Spam go nicely with toast and eggs.Spam hash......The easiest thing to do is make your favorite cheeseburger recipe, topping the beef patty with a slab of tender, salty Spam. If bacon floats your burgers boat, Spam may well be your Captain.

This works particularly well with sweet creations, like pairing a fine torchon de foie gras with a confit des fruits.......A plain old grilled cheese with a slice of Spam in it is a delightful treat. Frying the Spam before constructing the sandwich not only improves its texture and flavor, but it also helps give the cheeses a head-start on melting.

Add some griddled onions to the mix, replace the Wonderbread with rye, and you've got yourself one fine Spammy-Melt............If you've ever been to Hawaii, you'd be familiar with Spam loco moco (that's fried Spam with gravy on a bed of rice), and of course everybody grew up with a Pineapple Spam Roasts* on the table every Sunday afternoon, right?

*That'd be a can of spam covered with canned pineapple and maraschino cherries, curly parsley optional)...

• 1 year ago

Spam is high in salt, but it tastes okay when it's fried.

• 1 year ago

yes but i dont eat it rnuch