Trinitarians / Jehovah's Witnesses: How does one remain unstained from the world so that our worship is acceptable to God?

(NASB) James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: . . . and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Update:

My first question which crosseyed answered, disappeared, so I asked it again.

2nd, Visiting orphans and widows is self explanatory and doesn't need an answer.

3rd, My question is directed "on how one can get a stain from the world. and how one can keep oneself free of stains.

Thus the question reflects that part of the verse in my question.

The fact that James separates bridled tongue, orphans and widows from keeping oneself unstained makes this a legitimate question.

Update 2:

What am I trying to hide? Nothing!

Why some haven't answer my question reveals much.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Brian
    Lv 5
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Interesting answers so far. I wonder if Trinitarians understand the question.

• 2 years ago

hi there

interesting i see how this goes.

you omit the part of the scripture you don't want to talk about.

you brush off anyone that does.

then you want to talk about christmas, easter and birthdays.

notice that christmas easter and birthdays aren't in that passage.

widows and orphans are.

you're in the religion that has no orphanages.

interestingly you want to attack those that do have orphanages and call them stained because of christmas easter and birthdays.

notice many jws fail to bridle their tongues. therefore their religion is worthless.

the guy with shifty eyes comes to mind.

so to answer

the contrast appears to be between the flesh and the spirit.

Mark 7:20-23, “Then He said, “What comes out of a person—that defiles him. For from within, out of people’s hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immoralities, thefts, murders, adulteries, greed, evil actions, deceit, promiscuity, stinginess, blasphemy, pride, and foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a person.”

1 Corinthians 6:9-11, “Don’t you know that the unrighteous will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be deceived: No sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, or anyone practicing homosexuality, no thieves, greedy people, drunkards, verbally abusive people, or swindlers will inherit God’s kingdom.”

Galatians 5:19-21, “Now the works of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, moral impurity, promiscuity, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, and dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and anything similar. I tell you about these things in advance—as I told you before—that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Ephesians 5:3-5, “But sexual immorality and any impurity or greed should not even be heard of among you, as is proper for saints. Coarse and foolish talking or crude joking are not suitable, but rather giving thanks. For now and recognize this: Every sexually immoral or impure or greedy person, who is an idolater, does not have an inheritance in the kingdom of the Messiah and of God.”

James 4:17, “So it is a sin for the person who knows to do what is good and doesn’t do it.”

so the solution is to have a renewed mind, the mind of christ. to put on the lord jesus christ and not making plans to satisfy our sinful natures. put off the old self and put on the new self which is being renewed in the knowledge according to our creator. not be conformed to this age but transformed by the renewing of our mind, so that we may discern the good, pleasing and perfect will of god.

so if i were to sum up the how, it would be by the indwelling christ. you become unstained by having the one who is unstained dwell in you.

• David
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

Why did you omit most of the passage?

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

by not getting involved with the spirit of the world,

there attitudes, immorality, false worship etc

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

As James said, true Christians have nothing to do with this world's political affairs and social controversies. They avoid the harmful conduct, practices, and attitudes that are common in the world. They are not taught to think that they are better than people of other races or skin color. Neither are they taught to hate people of other countries. Since this is the case, true Christians love, even their enemies thus, they do not join in wars of the countries in which they live. The Scriptures that verify these teachings of the Bible are: Jesus' prayer to his Father about his disciples: John 17:15-26; Matthew 5:43-45; Acts 10:34+35; James 1:27+ 4:4 This world, just as 1John 5:19 tells us: "is lying in the power of the wicked one." Therefore, all who want to live their lives according to Jehovah's standards, must be no part of the world and Satan's influences to do bad. I now invite you to see for yourself what the Bible really teaches on other subjects on the international website, jw.org. See Bible Teachings > Bible Questions Answered. If you believe what you learned, you can request your free personal Bible study online or from the next witness who knocks on your door or by visiting your neighborhood Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is never a collection taken and all are welcome. Thank you for this question.

• Juli
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

Stop protecting pedophiles would be a great start.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

By repenting of sin and trust in Jesus Christ and His imputed righteousness.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Telling someone to stay unpoluted by the world who does not have the Holy Spirit is like commanding a two month old baby to walk.

The Comforter is given as a gift when a person comes to Christ.

No JW has the Holy Spirit (which is NOT an 'energy force'): the Holy Spirit is a PERSON. If they did have the Holy Spirit, they surely would not be a JW: because it is by the Spirit of God that we are led into all truth; our minds renewed.

Repent of your religiousity: and seek truth.

You are spiritually dead without Him.

• 2 years ago

We Christians/Trinitarians know that the answer is leading a Christian life.

• Dze
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

you dont buy into the established systems and sell out to the materialism and self-willed lust peddled at every corner ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.