Anonymous

Do you think my manager should have been mad?

Im 17 and i just started working at subway recently. Tomorrow will be my 4th day working there. But my manager got mad just because I wasn't quick fixing the subs and apparently I wasn't mopping the floor correctly. Do you think my manager should been mad because of that? But I just started there.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

He shouldn't be mad at you! He's taking his stress out on you. You will not pick up speed until you get more confident with what you're doing, which will come with working there for a longer period of time.

If he wants the floor mopped different to how you're doing it explain that you're sorry, can you please explain to me how you would expect me to do it.

• 1 year ago

I feel like I'm only getting one side of this here-

Did they explain how things were supposed to be done and you didn't listen? Did they explain things and not do a good job at communicating? You are only telling your side of things, it's very hard to guage the situation without having any concrete facts here.

I work in a resturant and I can tell you its easy to mop floors however, it's a 3 step process of 1) Sweep the floors 2) Mop them with cleaning fluids and 3) Put a wet sign up, so nobody slips on the floor. I don't know how you were taught, but its basic, and I'm not sure how you are messing that up to be honest!

You should discuss this with your manager, ask him what he thinks you are doing wrong and ask him how he things it should be done the right way.

• Judith
    1 year ago

Sounds like your manager is immature. Instead of being mad at you your manager should just have told you that wasn't the way to mop and should have shown you how. As for making the sandwiches - no reason for manager to get mad about it - but if you're slow nothing wrong with being old you are expected to work more quickly. And don't be so sensitive. Obviously if you are doing something wrong you will be told about it so then do it right.

• 1 year ago

Quit with the excuses or you won't last. He has every right to be angry or annoyed, especially if you have been shown how to do it and you are not doing it right, which would indicate that you are lazy or stupid.

• nt
    1 year ago

Lots of people do not know how to mop unless they have been in the military or taught properly.

He or she should correct you but not get mad. And after 4 days, your speed should increase when making subs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fFaPDe5uI8

Youtube thumbnail