Can I wash my smartphone with soap and water?

My phone fell face flat into a pile of cow poop Lol.

It's a Nokia smartphone. I feel really gross about it using it now.

Can I turn my phone off and then scrub it with soap and cold water? I will let it dry for 6 hours before turning it on again.

Is this a good idea?

(And no I don't want to just spray sanitizer on it. I'm really keen on giving it a good water wash)

• Shon
    1 year ago

Sure it is yours you can but make sure the phone has the water resistance bility.

• 1 year ago

Don't do it. Stupid idea. Instead take 3 tissue papers, dip them in dettol, or any other antiseptic (70% ethanol) then carefully clean the front back of the phone. Repeat the procedure thrice

• 1 year ago

Sure ... wash away. It is your phone to do with as you wish but, seriously don't expect it to work after. You can buy some suitable cleaning cloths in little boxes from most electrical stores, that are suitable for mobile phones and electrical appliances that would serve you better. If you can't buy them then just you a minimally moistened cloth to wipe over your phone. Do not let any moisture get into any of the inlets or internal workings of the phone though.

• 1 year ago

Sure.... just put it in the washing machine, dont even have to bother turning it off, it will do that automatically...but then you'll have a nice clean paperweight.

• 1 year ago

No lol

• 1 year ago

I would use Clorox or Lysol wipes.

• 1 year ago

Refrain from carrying the replacement into situations where you could drop it into a $hitpile.

• 1 year ago

No.

Phones must NEVER be gotten wet.

Carrying your phone where there is any form of excrement

onto which it could fall is STUPID.

1 year ago

Yea fire gets the dirt off too

1 year ago

Unless the phone is waterproof, I do not suggest washing it.

Cow poop is not going to kill you. It’s basically digested grass that stinks because of bacterial processes. Not toxic.

Clean it with alcohol wipes. Or use paper towels with alcohol added to the towels.

Water will short circuit and destroy the phone

• BlkBear
      1 year agoReport

... but power to the wrong parts, even when off is not going to be a good thing. So no soaking soap bathes for the phone, no matter how grossed it you are.