Anonymous

A customer at my job makes me uncomfortable and I don’t know what to do?

I’m in college and I work at a coffee shop on campus. There is an older guy who comes in almost daily, and his stares make me uncomfortable. In the beginning of the semester, he would come in and always ask me for my last name (I never gave it to him) and the way he’d stare at me, made me uncomfortable. It wasn’t like I was wearing anything provocative, I was just wearing my uniform: blue shirt, apron, and black pants. So, I ended up telling my manager what was going on, and for about 2 months, the guy didn’t come in. He’s back now, coming in almost every morning, and his stares still make me uncomfortable. It has come to the point where I prefer to make drinks, instead of taking customers’ orders, to avoid him. One day, I saw him while I was walking to work (he works at the university - I think he’s one of the construction workers) and he just stoped and stared at me. So I tried giving him my “mean eye” but that didn’t stop him from staring at me. There’s 4 weeks left of the semester, and I’ve alrway told on him once, what do I do now? Report him to the university?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

you're probably going to have to tell him off yourself.

You sound very non-confrontational. But maybe this will be your time for a break through. He is obviously a creep. So who cares if you hurt his feelings.

• Erik
    1 year ago

You're either a troll or a hot girl. If you're a hot girl, guys staring at you shouldn't be anything new. Just ignore him.

1 year ago

i would report hirn to the police

• Judy
    1 year ago

uh, report him for WHAT?

1 year ago

Haven't you posted this before, quite awhile back??? Still posting it?

• 1 year ago

Always report everything.

• 1 year ago

Report this to the Human Resources Department (Personnel) at the school.