Can I quit a job that I won’t use on my resume in less than 2 weeks?

I just started working In a restaurant and I’ve never worked in a restaurant before. Honestly I HATE IT I even cried yesterday i feel like a slave working there and the managers and chefs belittle you. I won’t ever work in a restaurant again! I still have a 2nd job. I’m suppose to be going in in a hour and I sent her a notice last night but she asked if this is my 2 weeks notice or am I not showing up at all. My bf said I should not show up but I feel bad. I won’t regret it cause I literally hate it so much. Going there I’m already in a bad mood. I can’t handle 2 more weeks.

1 year ago

If you're not using it on your resume, yes. I had a terrible job and I don't use it on my Resume.

• 1 year ago

Yes. As an HR professional...this is the one time that you can just walk away with no consequences.

• Jay
    1 year ago

Yes. YES!!!. Quit now...BEFORE the first two weeks!

• Yes you can. Been there, done that. Didn't have any issues and it never came up in interviews.

If you want to quit the restaurant job then tell her it's your two weeks notice. You don't have to work the two weeks unless you've got a contract that states that you have to.

1 year ago

Yes you can.

I know what you're talking about. I had a restaurant job in college at a pizza place that I bailed on after about a week. It was AWFUL. It's the only job I've ever bailed on in 30 years.

Tavy is wrong. They HAVE to pay you for the hours you've already worked. That being said, depending on the laws where you are, they might be turd balls about it. For example, in my state, they are not required to mail your check. They can hold it at the workplace so if you want it, you have to go get it in person.

ETA: Tavy, you don't seem to understand what "pay in lieu of notice" actually means.

• Tavy
      1 year agoReport

Does your country not take pay in Leui of notice? We do in the U.K.

• Tavy
    1 year ago

Yes you can, no one is going to do anything about it, but you won't be paid.