I work at Baskin Robbins, can my boss punish me by lessening my shifts cause I wear nail polish? (nail polish is not against brand policy)?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • If your boss doesn't want you wearing nail polish, but you decide to do so they can discipline you by giving you less hours or firing you all together for being insubordinate.

It may not be against policy but if it's against health regulations to wear nail polish at your work place then you shouldn't be wearing it. Nail polish can chip off into some one's ice cream. If a customer complains about that, you could get fired for it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

Yes. Did it ever occur to you that nail polish chips off and little pieces could fall into the ice cream? It's like wearing a hair net when you handle food. Hygiene - and county food codes. The brand is irrelevant. It ALL chips off. Either OBEY or expect that after three warnings or if the boss keeps on seeing and you are making no effort to comply with city or county food codes, expect to be fired.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • 1 year ago

Management, by law, has the right to schedule employees when and how they see fit. If your boss says don't wear nail polish, and you do so, of course he can reduce your hours (as well as fire you).

• 1 year ago

yes he can.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

if its not against policy then youre not doing anything wrong

• Steve D
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Not the question

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

It's apparently aganst HIS policy. Yes he can.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Absolutely!

• 1 year ago

Sure.

• nt
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Your boss is your god. Do what he says or seek other employment.

(Brand policy is meaningless)

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Of course. There is no legal requirement that he must work you a certain number of hours. HE can stop scheduling you altogether.

• Scum1 year agoReport

Unless it's different in the US she's contracted to specific hours yes he is legally required to keep his end of the agreement.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.