Is Global Warming causing the blizzards in the American Midwest?

It is Spring and the American Midwest is hit with a major blizzard. Crop losses will escalate and price increases will be huge.

Where is run away global warming?

Update:

Musical chairs going with Alarmists not liking the question because it destroys the runaway global warming myth.

Update 2:

Thanks to Joker and Liz for moving the question back. Why these culprits move questions is beyond me! They sure are not supporting their debate, but are making themselves look petty.

Update 3:

I have posted these questions because they are no widely presented by the mainstream media. Also, along with these worldwide weather event comes crop losses and rising food prices. This trend has been occurring the last three winters and is going to continue as the globe cools. These events have been predicted.

Update 4:

This video describes how the World's food supply is being threatened by the upcoming Solar Grand Minimum cycle.

From Ice Age Farmer; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MWTFJdIjNk

Youtube thumbnail

Attachment image

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is, now you'll have to excuse me as I need to go and boil some water in the freezer.

• ...Show all comments
    • Dirac
      Lv 4
      1 year agoReport

Notice that The Yahoo Joker deleted his statement that he’d moved this question back? That’s because as Level 3 he wouldn’t be able to do that. He slipped up and admitted he has multiple accounts.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Shon
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

Cool view.

• 1 year ago

I UNDERSTAND WE HAVE A COOLING PERIOD COMING CAUSED BY LOW ACTIVITY ON THE SUN

• 1 year ago

The term "Global Warming" is not correct in describing the entirety of what is being caused. It was used heavily in the past decades to title the ongoing phenomenon but is misconceiving and inaccurate unless you're specifically talking about the warming aspect -- which is just one part of the puzzle here. "Climate Change" is now used since it covers everything that is occurring and not just warming since it is known that colder temperatures are likely too at times. The argument is not that the climate shouldn't be changing since it always has in the past so of course it is now, but it is the speed that it is changing that is unparalleled. Believe whatever data helps you sleep at night, but CO2 concentrations follow temperature increases in the past and present.

To answer your question... "Runaway" climate change is not expected to occur until we reach a consistent level of increased temperatures of somewhere around 2 degrees celcius. I hear it more called the "tipping point" and that feels more accurate since runaway makes it seem like we'll be living in a real life "The Day After Tomorrow." Some people say 2030 is "the year" but I don't believe in picking a specific one. It will occur in the future and sooner than later. No one in any way can accurately say that a specific blizzard or general season is the cause of climate change. You're talking about the weather there and that will always vary and does not say anything about the climate. Anything shorter than several years of data is irresponsible to point out as a human-made effect.

In response to your other comments and video, where is the evidence that the globe is cooling beyond pre-industrial levels? The winters and summers may be cold in areas, but the summers are hotter and the average is hotter every year. A cold spring doesn't make for a cold year. Part of climate change is extreme weather patterns due to the instability of the climate. This is talking about global temperatures and not just those in the U.S., Africa, Iran, and so forth -- that is important to remember. Solar patterns can have an effect on temperatures and no one should dispute that, but if we are at a solar minimum then why are experiencing warming in the past decade? Any peer-reviewed journals that mention a global cooling pattern I would be happy to read. Should always be questioning your beliefs

• ...Show all comments
    • $@!ar W!nd
      Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

The warming in the last decade can be traced to two record Solar caused El Nino event, 2010 and 2016, where the temp. spiked and receded, which it is doing now. Peer reviewed research: https://www.nature.com/articles/srep15689#f6

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JimZ
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

I doubt that our CO2 has any significant effect on storms or temperature for that matter.

• ...Show all comments
    • Evan1 year agoReport

I'd be interested in seeing your findings on why you have come to that conclusion. Please link any journal articles or data sets that you came across that have led you to this belief. No disrespect -- just curiosity

• Dirac
    Lv 4
    1 year ago

In answer to your question "Where is run away global warming?", climate scientists do not believe runaway warming is possible on Earth. It would be a surprise (a deadly surprise) if it happened.

AGW is bad enough without the Earth becoming like Venus. We are seeing the mean temperature of the planet go up, decade by decade. That does not mean that snow storms are disappearing from the planet.

• 1 year ago

Could be?

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Our climate has changed. Expect these blizzards and major flooding every spring. With enough CO2 in the atmosphere we can extend these weather systems to last all year!

• 1 year ago

No.

• 1 year ago

Are you just going to keep searching google for any news article about cold weather anywhere on the planet and then ask if global warming causes it?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.