Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 months ago

Why don't men take birth control?

Men are able to have more babies in a year than a woman can by impregnating multiple people. Why don't men take more responsibility for their part in the grand scheme of things?

Best Answer

We should, I agree. In fact I saw somewhere they are working on male birth control now. It's about time right. Don't despair, we're not all so juvenile.

• chelsea

It keeps getting canceled due to side effect, though none of the side effects I've seen listed are as bad as the current side effects for the current female pill......

I would never take birth control..there could be side affects. As a gentlemen it is important for me to have children someday but only with a lady. Women who take birth co trol and sleep around are. Not ladies and unfit for marriage and motherhood. That is why they need birth control. I keep the “just in case” pills on my nightstand in all my residences as well as condoms(even though I don’t like them so if I know a women has been very promiscuous I’ll,just have her give me a bj) and I do my best to make sure these slu tty women are on. Roth control. Seeing it in their purse is good but often times I’l require they take one and swallow it

Uh HelOOOooo! It’s called ay ConDOM! Duuh

• Anonymous8 months agoReport

Uh HelOOOooo! It’s called ConDOMs break! Duuh! And their only 85% effective...

They do its called condom

• Anonymous8 months agoReport

Again, condoms break and are only 85% effective.

• anand

It would be easier for men to take breath control than birth control.

• Helen

Scientists are working on male birth control, but as of yet, there is nothing on the market.

Because men aren't the ones who give birth. Duh.

• ?8 months agoReport

Men want to be complicated. They bash abortion but do little to prevent pregnancy.

Because the way that the laws are now, even if a man got 1,000 women pregnant, there's nothing stopping them from getting 1,000 abortions. Thus, the act of coitus is NOT the last point at which women can change their status, yet, men have no authority to interfere beyond that point.

Thus, EVERY pregnancy that results in a birth is 100% the Choice of a woman. Thus, the consequences of that choice should be women's in the same proportion.

• Lv 4

Again, men wish to do whatever they want without consequences.

• Elana

It's called a condom, and some do.

Unfortunately, short of a vasectomy, there are no other even vaguely safe/regulated male solutions.

• Bill

Because it's not on the market. It also wouldn't be desirable if it was due to how it works.

The only way birth control works for men is lower their testosterone levels that in turn lowers their sperm count. That however makes them fat, moody, incapable of getting an erection, weak, and suffer from other signs of low testosterone. It would also negatively impact the development of teenage boys and young boys due to teenage boys taking it and from it getting into the water supply. In short, we know how a male birth control pill would work and have even tested it, but it won't hit the market due to how it works.

Plus, the pill would likely lower birth rates to about 0.5 or so making it quite damaging to the economy of the world. As it stands now the female birth control pill is lowering birth rates to a point where it is damaging the economy, so there is little reason to make the matter worse with a male equivalent.

• Bill

Countries are already trying to deal with female birth control lowering the birthrate below replacement. In that case however they can't ban it because it would be political suicide. The problem there is that banning it is likely the only solution.

They have birth control for women and viagra for men.

If that isn’t a hypocritical double standard, I don’t know what is.

Yet, I never hear Feminists campaigning about it, why is that?

• Elana

Check your ears. Feminists complain a LOT about viagra being subsidized by many insurance plans. They don't seem to complain about male birth control (even condoms) NOT being subsidized while wanting the subsidy for women, but that's another issue.