Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentFood Service · 8 months ago

Poll: Have you ever answered back a rude customer and what's the best thing you've said back at them?

60 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

A customer asked me if we where going to open any registers as I was going to lunch and I told her No and went away.

• Sparky
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Yes, but not overly rude.

Just something like "I'm sorry that you feel that way" or "If you're going to keep asking me questions and talking over me when I attempt to answer you, I have more important things to do".

• JJ
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The customer is always right, they pay your wage.

• JJ
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

@ Oh Boy. Sure I worked in retail for few bosses, eventually had retail outlets my self at one time.
      I also know to deal with joe public it never is easy,

• 8 months ago

I have not, its a lose situation either way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

The return department assistant was going on and on why I was not entitled to a refund - even given that I had the receipt and everything was still boxed, I had bought a duplicate in error.

At one point I interrupted her and said, " Has anyone ever told you that you are inebriated with the exuberance of your own verbosity? I'll wait while you look these words up, after which I would like to speak to your manager".

I got my refund.

• 8 months ago

Never reward an rude employee or business owner by paying them money to be treated like garbage.

Tell everyone you know not to shop there.

Rude, disrespectful employees choose to have attitude problems fine.

Just remember many will....

Vote against doubling minimum wage

• 8 months ago

Yes. "Have a nice day." (I said it real snarky like.)

• Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

I'd be a tad dubious about the impact of that.

• 8 months ago

Plenty of times. I work retail and as a barista.

I had a guy whistle repeatly for me once. After just ignoring his behavior at first, I approached and told him that I wasn't a dog or his bìtch and to come ask appropriately if he needed help.

• 8 months ago

Yes I once told a woman to say it to a mirror after she tried insulting me.

• 8 months ago

Yep I work at a supermarket stacking shelves (at least for now, until I complete school and college). I once had a lady rage at one of my female coworkers who came and hugged me after not seeing me for a long time. She was just like "ARE YOU TWO OKAY OR ARE YOU GOING TO HELP ME LIKE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO?!?!?!". I was just like, "We're really well, thanks for your enquiries". Long story short, she asked me to get the manager for being a smart alec. The manager took our side and told her that she had no right to be so rude and entitled and that she was causing an unnecessary scene. She just dumped all her stuff and left.

• Sophia8 months agoReport

Love it when people who bully others they perceive as inferior to them kick up a massive fuss when they meet someone who gives it back to them. Hats off to you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.