How can I help a friend with her mentally abusive dad?

My friend is very open about her dad being mentally abusive. And it's terrifying. Everyday he talks about how horrible she is and how no one cares about her. She's convinced. She's become suicidal. And there is no way to get her to stop until her dad changes or gets out of her life, because this will just repeat and repeat, what can I do? Because you can't do **** about mentally abusive parents because they aren't hitting them. My friend is on the verge of suicide and I'm really close to calling the police right now. We told the police officer at our school, the counselors, and that just made **** even worse. What can I do? How can we get her away?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I lived the same shitty thing. I finally realized my father was mentally ill and that NO ONE on the planet who likes themselves and who is content with themselves and who is emotionally stable, acts like my father did.

You can't get her "away" on your own but you can take action. You can call the police and/or Children's Protective Services in your area. The police officer at your school and the counselors aren't doing their jobs!

I'm so sorry to hear this

• 1 year ago

you curse at her dad while he is in the room..she needs to see it can be done...

• Lilac1 year agoReport

He's intimidating as hell. Terrifying.

• 1 year ago

nnental abuse is abuse, talk to sonneone in cps about it

• martin
    1 year ago

Child protective services definitely recognize deliberate verbal abuse, and will take action, especially with the help of an attorney and a counselor plus even a psychiatrist.