Zack
Zack asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

When a Democrat becomes POTUS, Republicans think he's the worst president ever, and vice-versa. Do you think this trend will continue?

Ever since Bill Clinton became president, it seems like each new Democrat president has become the worst president ever to Republicans, and each new Republican president has become the worst president ever to Democrats.

If you ask "Who was the worst U.S president?" almost all of your answers will be "Obama" or "Trump". Before Trump became president, almost all of your answers would have been "Obama" or "Bush 43". Before Obama became president, many Republicans would have said Clinton.

Do you think this pattern will continue? Are people focusing way too much on political party when they vote?

• Sally
    1 year ago

Right-wingers are brainwashed.

• 1 year ago

It doesn't always happen that way. For example, I don't think many Democrats thought Ford was the worst President ever, although that was mainly because their memories of Nixon and Watergate were still fresh.

1 year ago

Yep, that's the usual schtick that goes on. Also, whenever a Democrat wins Republicans are moving out of the country and whenever a Republican wins then Democrats are leaving. Also, whenever a Democrat wins Texas will secede the union and when a Republican wins then it's California. The country is going down the shitter either way so just sit back, relax, and enjoy the decline. There's no point to have high blood pressure over something you can't control, well other than showing up to vote every other November. I've never lost any sleep at all in my life with regards to politics, the outcome of an election, the outcome of a Senate voting, government shutting down, etc. etc etc.

• -j.
    1 year ago

I think tribalism is part of it. There also seems to be a weird tendency to speak in superlatives about whatever happens to be in front of the speaker at that moment. "This is the stupidest movie EVER!" "This is the best breakfast cereal EVER!" "This is the most mediocre band EVER!"

Not sure if this is an old phenomenon I never really noticed before, or something new.

1 year ago

The worst president ever is Obama and the universe revolves around me

• 1 year ago

Trump rides the economic boom and wins 45 states in 2020. Post birth execution of infants, abolishing ICE, Sanctuary Cities, The Green New Communism. You have zero chance.