is it OK for a daughter to talk to her dad about puberty?

Would a 16 year old daughter talking to her dad about puberty be ok or would it be wrong?

This 16 year olds mom isn't around

Some of the questions are somewhat sexual

Like

'' is it normal to feel sexual frustration? "

" should I use protection if I'm with a girl? "

" is it bad I space out thinking of girls ? "

Would it be wrong for a daughter to ask those types of questions? Or is it wrong?

I'm wondering cause idk if I should talk to my dad about things or not. I would talk about it to my step mom but she's homophobic and would just make me feel bad about myself.

• Orla C
    1 year ago

It's perfectly fine for a daughter to talk to her father about puberty. He's her parent, after all.

• 1 year ago

He is the father, the parent. Its his roll to guide her. People should get their minds out of the gutter.

• 1 year ago

As long as it isn't the first two minutes of a porno, then there shouldn't be any problems. However, a lady would be a better choice for the subject. Unless the father is a doctor, or something.

1 year ago

no. only if she is over 50yrs

• Elana
    1 year ago

It is as OK as it is for a boy to talk to his mom about puberty, no more, no less. And that is *FAR* more common since single moms are so common.

Remember, talking about something and doing it are two different things. The best thing about having one or of your parents talking about this is that they love you and have your best interests in mind.

Are there men out there who might make things worse? Of course, but there are women out there who might botch the job as well. It is certainly better than getting the information "out on the streets like everyone else."

• 1 year ago

Yes ,sure . You need to talk with someone ,usually the mother .

If she is not around , the father should play this role

• 1 year ago

It's ok. Her dad is her parent and parents talk to their children about puberty. Since her mom isn't around, dad would talk to her about it.

• 1 year ago

Why not? The father can most likely answer most of her questions so what is wrong with it?

• 1 year ago

its ok.. I as a single father had a talk with both my daughters starting at about 13 when they started asking questions... Its better to learn the truth and how to help stay safe from a father then it is from a hard dick boy thats just thinking with his balls...

1 year ago

Yes - she needs a parent to answer these questions, and if her Mom isn't around then Dad is responsible for answering her questions.