Can a person witness about Jehovah without witnessing about Jesus? Isa 43:10?

Can a person witness about Jesus without witnessing about his God and Father? Acts 1:8

Rom 15:5 Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, 6 so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

"Can a person witness about Jehovah without witnessing about Jesus?"

Yes. OT Jews could certainly witness about Yahweh without witnessing about Jesus. Modern day Jews can also Witness about Yahweh without witnessing about Jesus.

However, the converse is not true: You can't witness about Jesus without witnessing about the God of the OT.

Thus is the superiority of Jesus' direction to his followers that they be Witnesses of him (Jesus). Even the book of Revelation reveals that Christians in the time of the end would be known for their work of witnessing about Jesus. So Jehovah's Witnesses have made a serious mistake by styling themselves as Witnesses o Jehovah in contradiction to Jesus' words and what Revelation reveals. Jehovah's Witnesses are attempting to put new wine (Christianity) in old wine skins (the OT designation "Jehovah's Witnesses" ) and discarding the new wine skin that Jesus gave them to use (the NT designation "Jesus' Witnesses").

What we need to ask is what is teem’s purpose in posting this question?

His intent is obvious. This is yet another veiled attack on the doctrine of the Trinity. As a JW he is hoping to present the following argument;

“If Jesus is the witness of God, then Jesus is not God, and if Jesus is not God, then Trinity is not true”. But that argument fails totally for the following reason. The Christian definition of the Trinity is; “Within the nature of the one true God there exists three personalities, all co-equal in nature, all co-eternal” If Jesus as the ‘son of man’ was fully man by nature, then Jesus as the ‘son of God is fully God by nature.

There then exists the possibility that Jesus can witness to God and still be God, because in the tri-unity of God both the Father and the Son share the nature of God.

Since Jesus is a witness to his Father, then Jesus is a witness to God. Only by assuming that God is just one person (as the JWs do) can you argue that since there is a distinction between the father and the son that there is therefore a distinction between Jesus and God.

What is interesting is teem’s comment to Rod, i.e “And yet, Jesus was Jehovah's 'faithful witness; (Rev 1:5) “And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness”.

You will notice this verse says NOTHING about Jesus being “Jehovah’s faithful witness” read it and see. This link only exists in the minds of those conditioned by the ‘watchtower society’ and their interpretation of scripture.

In fact; the traditional interpretation of (Rev 1:5) is that it is a reference to (Psalm 89). A psalm that leads Christians to consider Jesus as the ‘faithful witness in heaven’. That is why it has been sung at Christmas for centuries.

The coincidence of expression is remarkable: “I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth (vs 27), His seed shall endure for ever and His throne as the sun before me, it shall be established for ever as the moon and as a ‘faithful witness in heaven’ (vs 36 & 37).

If this traditional understanding of (Psalm 89) is correct, then the JWs have a problem with their interpretation of (Colossians 1:15) that when Jesus is referred to as the ‘firstborn of every creature’ it means that he was the one first created. Because here in (psalm 89) God states I will MAKE HIM my ‘firstborn’ which shows that he already pre-existed and therefore the Christian understanding of ‘firstborn’ as meaning pre-eminent is correct as we have taught all along, and as the Bible clearly teaches.

EDIT TO TEEM.

In Teem’s comments he asks “So, who is the God and Father of our heavenly glorified Lord Jesus Christ"? My answer is simple. Read my reply Teem, the answer is quite clear to anyone that is not conditioned by ‘watchtower’ theology. The major problem with this question, is that your organisation deny the Physical resurrection of Jesus. You teach that Jesus did not rise from the dead in the same body He died in, when it is obvious from Jesus' own words in (John 2:19-21) that He would RAISE HIMSELF from the dead: This is a dangerous doctrine that contradicts the Bible and condemns those who believe it to eternal destruction because it is denying His physical resurrection which is the proof that He conquered death.

According to (1 Corinthians 15:14) "If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain." In other words, you don’t have a ‘heavenly glorified Lord Jesus Christ’ as you state here teem, but a ‘spirit creature’ named Michael.

No Jesus, no mediator, no mediator, no salvation.

• Rod

Who was the prophet Isaiah speaking to in (Isa 43:10)?

(Isa 43:3) For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of ISRAEL.

v:10 Ye (Israel) are my witnesses, saith the Lord.

v:14 Thus saith the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of ISRAEL.

(caps mine)

The prophet Isaiah was quoting the words of the Lord (Jehovah) and the people of Israel being his witnesses NOT the Gentiles/ world or the body of Christ the church (Eph 1:21-22) --right ?

(Isa 1:1) The VISION of Isaiah ...which he saw CONCERNING JUDAH and JERUSALEM.

Did the prophet Isaiah say his vision concerned the Gentiles/ world or the body of Christ the church ?

(Rom 1:1) PAUL, a SERVANT of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God.

v:2 CONCERNING his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

Who was Paul a servant for and who was he writing to the saints at Rome about ? (Rom 1:7)

Answer: Jesus Christ "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ"

Isaiah wrote his vision to his fellow Jewish countryman "Concerning Judah and Jerusalem.

Paul wrote to the saints at Rome saved and sanctified in Christ Jesus.

(1Cor 1:2) Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in CHRIST JESUS, called to be SAINTS, with ALL that in EVERY PLACE call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord both theirs and ours.

(caps mine)

You can't be a witness for Jehovah because Isaiah was only writing (Isa 43:10) to the people of Israel - right ?

Are you a saint saved in Jesus Christ?

Paul calls himself an apostle to the Gentiles/ world (Rom 11:13)

So are you believing the gospel of Jesus Christ to be saved?

(Rom 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto SALVATION to EVERY ONE that believeth ; to the Jews first, and also to the Greek (Gentiles)

Source(s): KJV 1611

hi there.

well the jws certainly try very hard on that account.

they deny jesus is jehovah. they say he is the archangel michael - which no scripture says.zero. zip. nada. zilch.

see your bait and switch? i point it out. your question says "jehovah" but the scriptures you cite say "god" and "father". you are trying to insert watchtowerism into the scripture. but it is not there. stick with scripture. "jehovah" is not written in any of them this is all in your imagination.

Zech 2:8-11 — For this is what the Lord [Jehovah] Almighty says: “After he has honored me and has sent me against the nations that have plundered you — for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye — I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the Lord [Jehovah] Almighty has sent me. “Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you,” declares the Lord [Jehovah]. “Many nations will be joined with the Lord [Jehovah] in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the Lord [Jehovah] Almighty has sent me to you...”

Zech 11:12-13 — And I said to them, “If it is good in your sight, give [me] my wages; but if not, never mind!” So they weighed out thirty [shekels] of silver as my wages. Then the Lord [Jehovah] said to me, “Throw it to the potter, [that] magnificent price at which I was valued by them.” So I took the thirty [shekels] of silver and threw them to the potter in the house of the Lord [Jehovah].

Matt 26:14-15 — Then one of the twelve, named Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests, and said, “What are you willing to give me to deliver Him [Jesus] up to you?” And they weighed out to him thirty pieces of silver.

Zech 12:1,10 — declares the Lord [Jehovah]...And I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on ME whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him, like the bitter weeping over a first-born.

Rev 1:7 — Behold, He [Jesus] is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over Him.

Zech 14:3-5 — Then the Lord [Jehovah] will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle. And in that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives... Then the Lord [Jehovah], my God, will come, [and] all the holy ones with Him!

Matt 25:31 — But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.

Acts 1:11-12 — “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.” Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet...

Zech 14:5 — Then the Lord [Jehovah] my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.

1Thess 3:13 — at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints.

Matt 3:3, Mark 1:2-3, Luke 3:4, John 1:23 — This is he who was spoken of through the prophet Isaiah: “A voice of one calling in the desert, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord [NWT — Jehovah], make straight the paths for him.’”

Luke 1:76 — And you, my child [John the Baptist], will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord [NWT — Jehovah] to prepare the way for him.

Isa 40:3 — A voice of one calling: “In the desert prepare the way for the Lord [Jehovah]; make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. [Heb. & LXX — “make straight the paths of our God”]

Matt 21:15-16 — But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that He had done, and the children who were crying out in the temple and saying, “Hosanna to the Son of David,” they became indignant, and said to Him, “Do You hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes; have you never read, ‘Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babes Thou hast prepared praise for Thyself?” [Quote from Psa 8:2, Jehovah]

if you witness about jehovah but deny jesus is jehovah then you are not witnessing about jehovah at all.

you are a watchtower witness. faithful to the core. yet another bait and switch from your faithful and discreet slave that used to say they were appointed over all jesus belonging and now admit it never happened they were lying all those decades. false doctrine comes from a false prophet. by their fruit you shall know them.

No. Jesus is Jehovah incarnate ("Before Abraham ever was, I AM.") To witness of one is to witness of the other. They are one and the same.

Yes, a person can give witness of Jesus Christ without referring to God, but it isn't easy. He's important because he's the begotten son of God.

Friend the very name Jesus means Jehovah is my savior. anytime you use the name Jesus you are opening declaring to the world Jehovah is my savior. Unfortunately most people in the world are afraid to use Jehovah's name. Which is quite a shame because Jesus said if you're ashamed of me I'm going to be ashamed of you at the judgement.

"Jehovah" is a made up name for God, that was never used in Hebrew or Greek scriptures.

But, you can't witness about either person of the Trinity without witnessing about the other Two.

Jesus the Christ of Nazareth, the Messiah, the Word, the Light is God incarnate as John 1:1-14 and His name Emmanuel reveals. <t><