Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 years ago

Name the most IRRATIONAL laws in England that deserves NO RESPECT?

Favorite Answer

Lol, like, growing your own weed and smoking it all? I mean, there is no victim mate, so it's illogical of the government to spend resources trying to take revenge on people who break this rule by putting them in a cell, then have the cheek to call it "justice". Pffff... They are a bunch of bullies.

• Cee

Allowing terrorists in and preventing citizens to defend themselves against same.

Gun laws. It leaves native Brits unarmed while your government gives your country away to Pakis, Africans and everyone else who wants to invade Europe (illegal immigration) and provides them with your hard earned money in the form of welfare.

You can have sex at 16 but not watch porn till 18

• ann2 years agoReport

Porn is seen as something very harmful for your eyes, but it's natural, the thing is, human adults are scared of traumatising their children, so they often try to hide reality from them. You don't need to watch porn anyway!

Drugs (all classes) as well as alcohol alter people's mental state, both can be deadly and addictive, and yet only drugs are illegal. There are legal drugs that are more dangerous than LSD for example, but they are still legal.

Whoever pass on these rules got different concerns other than the public health and safety.

• steve

The most ridiculous one is when I worked for the government. In the Civil Service code If I came across something illegal during my day to day duties i.e. talking to the public, I had to keep it to myself,

I broke that rule once when I was speaking on the phone to a young girl who was clearly being attacked. I put my phone on speaker and asked my colleague to call the police as the address of who I was speaking to was on my computer screen.

She rang the police but they were too late, the young lady had been badly beaten and the guy was long gone.

We both got reprimanded for breach of confidentiality and data protection laws.

So I think the laws that say if in the line of your job you come across someone in distress you are not allowed to help are the most irrational.

• Anon
      2 years agoReport

Best Answer.

• Jon

Marble Hill Park in London has a bylaw forbidding washing dogs in the fountain - but there are no fountains in the park. Nearby Petersham Common has bylaws going back to the 19th century against "being idle" on the Common and "reading any infamous or indecent book" there.

It's law that every big company should charge at least 10p for plastic bags to tackle plastic pollution. The government targeted the public first instead of targeting the companies using plastic for stupid things we don't need, such as for advertisement. Coca cola still sell drinks in plastic bottles with plastic labels like we need them, but they attack the public first just because it's easier, and to make it look like something is being done.

I find it pathetic how an animal abusers can get a maximum of 6 months in prison no matter how much the person tortured their pet. I was in a court public little gallery in camberwell green the other year, being nosey while waiting my turn, I was going to be seen soon for shoplifting makeup such as foundation, mascara and glittery things. The person seen before me was there because she let her two boxer dogs locked in a kitchen full of rubbish. One was a puppy. She left them in there for long enough to die, one of them wasn't dead yet but had to be put down because apparently he looked in agony. She also had many visits from RSPCA because the dogs were being too loud. She had warnings and she ignored them all until they died. The three court judges were light with her and very understanding. They just gave her a fcking fine and a ban from having pets for 5 years. When it was my turn they looked at me disgusted, i got a fine higher than she got, plus community service and probation.

Like, it's against the law to refuse jury service when they call you. I mean, it's ridiculous. My brother and I are at the moment on jury service, we have to vote guilty or not guilty, we decided to vote based on the defendant's character as told by people who knew him in court, and not by evidendence presented by the police or whether we feel he is actually guilty or not. My brother and don't care if he is guilty, we really don't. By what we seen so far, it looks like he is guilty, but because his victim was a nasty piece of work and he was, in a way, mentally abused, my brother and I are going to vote "not guilty" for him.

• alice2 years agoReport

I would never ever ever ever ever ever do that. It only shows jury thing is stupid.