How to get a job in retail?

Im finding it very hard to get a job at the moment. I have applied online and have gone into stores with my resume and cover letter and nothing back. I have had one interview in the last 8 months of applying. I dont have any experience in retail or customer service which I think is why I havent heard anything... show more Im finding it very hard to get a job at the moment. I have applied online and have gone into stores with my resume and cover letter and nothing back. I have had one interview in the last 8 months of applying.

I dont have any experience in retail or customer service which I think is why I havent heard anything back but I have worked in some intense fast paced jobs

Any tips of what I can do? Dont say volunteering because I have tried that and all the places said they only take disabled people or school kids for work experience.
And if your wondering why I wanna work in retail, I have moved areas and I live really close to a shopping centre which would be ideal.