My dog has luxating patella?

The vet says my chihuahua has luxating patella. He’s not in pain. He can still walk but his back legs collapse and he falls after a few steps. He’s able to get up on his own. He still manages to go up and down stairs but it’s more of a struggle now. I carry him up and down stairs if I manage to see him before he... show more The vet says my chihuahua has luxating patella. He’s not in pain. He can still walk but his back legs collapse and he falls after a few steps. He’s able to get up on his own. He still manages to go up and down stairs but it’s more of a struggle now. I carry him up and down stairs if I manage to see him before he tries to go up or down on his own. The vet gave some medication and told me some steps to take to help my dog. Surgery is an option but risky because my dog is 13 years old. I’m curious if anyone has done any additional things (along with what their vet said) or bought any additional items to help their dog if they have/had luxating patella.

Did you have your dog perform specific exercises? If so, can you please tell me what exercises you had your dog perform?

Did you buy additional medication and/or supportive equipment such as a brace? If so, can you please provide me with the names of the medication and/or equipment, and where you bought them (name of website and/or store)?

Did your dog improve or get worse?

Thanks