I tried to overtake a stationary bus in my driving test and someone over took me and i failed whyyyy its not my fault- uk driving?

so there were two lanes i went into the leftt lane and there was a bus so i signalled right to move into the right hand lane and then i slowed down and was v slow and was going to overtake and then in my mirror i see someone in the right hand lane trying to move in front of me , i know it was his lane but i was... show more so there were two lanes i went into the leftt lane and there was a bus so i signalled right to move into the right hand lane and then i slowed down and was v slow and was going to overtake and then in my mirror i see someone in the right hand lane trying to move in front of me , i know it was his lane but i was partially in his lane because i was going to over take the bus which is legal and fine however the guy goes in front of me when i signalled and as he was doing so i obviously stopped yet the examiner pulled the wheel slightly towards him, whos fault was this mine or the overtaker
my defense is that he knew i was going to overtake so me being partially in his lane was fine yet he over took me so its not my fault that he over took
Update: sorry for the errors my keyboard is not working