Kano
Lv 7
Kano asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 years ago

Wind power will causes significant warming?

Update:

sorry for the bad grammar

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

If the wind is coming from the alarmist side, they blow a lot of hot air.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 years ago

TRUE... Newtons law says equal and opposite reaction... USE ALL THE WIND UP FOR WIND TURBANS ETC. and it slows the wind from being able to naturally cool down and pollinate other places.Using power from one place just keeps it from another...

Why dont they Make a Electric Generator that can produce more Electricity then it takes to run it...

• S
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

who says 'significant'?

• 2 years ago

Probably.

Wind currently produces about 2% of the energy used in the US (see link) and remember, the survey talked about 57,636 turbines so they are not really started yet. It relies on other energy sources to plug the gaps when the wind is not blowing so some magic is required in that area to make it viable.

Currently it works only because it is such a small fraction of the energy used and the existing fossil-fueled power stations are not being shut down. Basically, they are milking the subsidies, claiming the moral high ground but, in reality, relying on the technologies they are claiming to replace.

I always smile when I see: "... will cause more ... than previously thought." It makes you realise just how settled "the settled science" really is. If it really was settled then it would happen just as you thought and not "more than".

Based on the 2% and 57,636 figures above it means that the US will need about three million turbines if everything is to be wind powered. Three million 400 foot towers all sapping large quantities of energy from the wind is going to do something isn't it?

Of course it is not just three million turbines. You will need three million access roads as well for building and maintenance purposes. Then you have an extra three million roads to maintain ...

Attachment image
    • Dirac
      Lv 4
      2 years agoReport

For 3 million turbines you wouldn't need 3 million roads, that's stupid. Are you really that poor of an engineer that you don't realize one road can serve multiple turbines? And by the way, most of the roads I see around turbines are gravel and very low maintenance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

I'm skeptical. I would expect trees to effect air circulation more than wind turbines.

• 2 years ago

Earth friends have enemies, no doubt. And they lie and use propaganda, which uneducated people actually believe.

• ...Show all comments
    • Jim: The sceptics have been making that argument about Climate Change for years. Is it only valid when they are not being alarmist?

• Dirac
    Lv 4
    2 years ago

Interesting, but I'm more than a little dubious of the results. In general, though, there does not seem to be enough wind power to meet our future needs. Solar power is better, and tidal power may be better also.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.