Jace asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 years ago

Would it be weird to get my guy friend a bow tie for his birthday?

I m sixteen, if age is a matter, and my friend s birthday is coming up, when he will be turning sixteen, and I didn t know what to get him but for some reason bow tie came to my head. I ve only seen older male friends of my family give bow ties as a present to my brother, so would it be weird to get one for a guy friend I don t have any romantic interest in? Also, I m pretty sure he s wore bow ties before so at least I know he wears them. Any other present ideas are also welcome. :)

Update: I just asked my mom what I should get my friend and she also said bow tie and I just thought I should share this knowledge.

• Maria
    Favorite Answer

You can't give a bowtie without suspenders. It makes the outfit. But seriously, this was a trend among businessmen in the mid-80's. You had to be confident- still do- but I think it's pretty cool.

unless you have reason to believe he is collecting bow ties yes it is pretty crappy present at any age

Young men wear bow ties. My nephews wear them for work instead of ties.

But a 16 year old wouldn’t have too many events or opportunities to wear a bow tie.

Some bow ties can be rather expensive. If you can find one at a decent price - discout. Store, on sale. Then may be add on a little something else. His favorite candy, a t-shirt