Okay, so this is coming from the account of me, a 14 year old (soon to be 15 year old) kid. Essentially, people, especially millennials, use their phones for various reasons:
- It comes in handy when there isn't a textbook or encyclopedia in the vicinity and you can simple go into your smartphone to find all the information that mankind has gathered up and stored.
- They are bored
- They are shy and they do not want to feel awkward/look lonely so they occupy themselves by using a phone (I am like that haha)
- Bandwagoning propaganda (everyone else is doing it, and it influences YOU to do it)
- You like to keep track of everything new (The News, Instagram, YouTube)
- Emergencies happen. You can't save numbers on old style phones from the nineties, what if you forget that person's number and have no way of contacting them? What if you forget EVERYONE'S number (Which is realistically bound to happen), the phone number is saved into your phone.
- The camera is captivating! It can capture photos and store them in an easily accessible place called the Camera App (Installed into the phone naturally)
- My phone comes in handy even as an Early College High School student. I can text my mom silently without disturbing my classroom. I can take pictures of the notes on the Smart board rather than struggling to keep up.
Essentially, everything is just EASIER with a smart phone. Embrace it man, you'll LOVE it!