How to get a 7yr old to stop getting depressed/ down after losing in tennis?

Ive been coaching kids tennis and one certain child has been giving me trouble with his emotional swings. I know its more normal for kids that age however I teach lots of other kids as well and they dont seem to swing as much emotionally. So I had him playing a practice match and he lost 8-10 a good match but he... show more Ive been coaching kids tennis and one certain child has been giving me trouble with his emotional swings. I know its more normal for kids that age however I teach lots of other kids as well and they dont seem to swing as much emotionally.

So I had him playing a practice match and he lost 8-10 a good match but he erupts in tears after saying some bs excuse like I told him to miss. This is also the case in other matches against stronger players, he'll give up saying he cant win. Similarly for drills he has trouble with he tends to shut down and take what I say too literally. If I say hit the ball higher he aims for the fence. Or he'll start missing balls on purpose and say hes bad and will miss every ball. These incidents are not a common occurrence but they are happening enough to be disruptive.

I want to push him hard to improve since I've had him for a while and can see his talent. But when pushed too hard or in match play he cracks, any tips on it?