What actual evidence is there that Putin is a dictator?

The hold elections in Russia. The last one was earlier this year and two candidates ran against Putin. So they hold elections and they allow opposing candidates to run. So what makes him a dictator? Is there actually any evidence the votes are rigged? If so, can someone show me this evidence? Putin is incredibly... show more The hold elections in Russia. The last one was earlier this year and two candidates ran against Putin.

So they hold elections and they allow opposing candidates to run. So what makes him a dictator?

Is there actually any evidence the votes are rigged? If so, can someone show me this evidence?

Putin is incredibly popular in Russia. According to Gallup, Putin's approval rating is 83 percent.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/173597/russ...

That is pretty close to what his election results were, at 77 percent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_pr...

This completely negates any argument that the elections are "rigged". If public polling actually gives a higher approval rating than the election results, if anything that would show rigging AGAINST Putin!

So if they hold elections and the elections aren't rigged, how the hell is he a "dictator"??
Update: "Nothing you're talking about has anything to do with dictators. Most dictators are "freely elected."" I don't understand what a dictator is, then. Can you define the word "dictator" for me in such a way that a democratically elected leader in a demonstrably fair election... show more "Nothing you're talking about has anything to do with dictators. Most dictators are "freely elected.""

I don't understand what a dictator is, then. Can you define the word "dictator" for me in such a way that a democratically elected leader in a demonstrably fair election would still fit that definition? They can vote Putin out of office, they just choose not to because they like him.
Update 2: "His blatent suppression of any credible opposition sort of gives it away really!" Again this is demonstrably false. In this year's election Putin had two major candidates run against him, Pavel Grudinin of the Communist party and Vladimir Zhirinovsky of LPDR. They got over 12 million votes together.... show more "His blatent suppression of any credible opposition sort of gives it away really!"

Again this is demonstrably false. In this year's election Putin had two major candidates run against him, Pavel Grudinin of the Communist party and Vladimir Zhirinovsky of LPDR. They got over 12 million votes together. How is that not a "credible opposition"?