What's the problem?

So I'm about to travel and I want to vlog. So instead of using my phone to record, I'm going to use my mom's Nikon CoolPix S4100 camera that she had for years and only used it a few times (I guess you could say she lent it to me XD). Since the 16 gb SD that's already in the camera is full, we went... show more So I'm about to travel and I want to vlog. So instead of using my phone to record, I'm going to use my mom's Nikon CoolPix S4100 camera that she had for years and only used it a few times (I guess you could say she lent it to me XD). Since the 16 gb SD that's already in the camera is full, we went to Best Buy yesterday to buy a new SD card that can hold 64 gb. I just put the new SD card in the camera today and the camera basically said the SD is incompatible. I put it in another time and it kept saying that. I know I'm putting it in correctly because it's able to read the old SD five times I put it in but can't for the new one.

What could be the reason for this? Do I need to get a new camera or...?