Is this a blood/injury/injection phobia? I m starting nursing school in the Fall. What can I do? Please help?

The sight of blood or needles doesn t scare or disturb me at all, but I have been passing out while around them. A couple years ago, I had my first incident of passing out when I was donating blood. I donated blood 3 times after that and passed out 2 of the 3 times, while I was still in the chair giving blood. A... show more The sight of blood or needles doesn t scare or disturb me at all, but I have been passing out while around them. A couple years ago, I had my first incident of passing out when I was donating blood. I donated blood 3 times after that and passed out 2 of the 3 times, while I was still in the chair giving blood. A few months ago, I was assisting with a blood draw in my internship and passed out suddenly. Now today, I went in for my first allergy shot and after I got my shots, I fainted. I have gotten my flu shots and TB tests without passing out.

Basically, my fear now is that once I go into nursing school, I will be involuntarily passing out all the time, and wont be able to continue my dream of becoming a nurse. There is no fear behind the passing out so I am very confused. Any ideas on what could be wrong or what I could do to help it??
1 answer 1