What will it be like being a househusband? Will me wife love and respect me as much as before we had children?

My wife and I are having our first children - twins, and once they are born, I will quit my job and become a househusband. We already own our home, mostly thanks to me, since I bought it before we were together and earn more since, so we only need one of us to work, and even though my wife earns less, she insisted... show more My wife and I are having our first children - twins, and once they are born, I will quit my job and become a househusband. We already own our home, mostly thanks to me, since I bought it before we were together and earn more since, so we only need one of us to work, and even though my wife earns less, she insisted it be her. The last month has been really hard, because we hadn't been able to agree on it, but then she left me over it, and I it absolutely wasn't worth losing her over, so I changed my mind and convinced her to come back.

We've talked about what we expect of each other now, and it doesn't seem that hard, to look after our children, and do all of the housework, have dinner waiting for her, etc, if I'm honest. We have her parents and my mother willing to look after them almost any time too. It will be weird giving up responsibility for money though, since she wants to control all of that.

My biggest concern is that my wife will see me as less than I was, or less than her. She says that's just gender roles and sexism that I've been taught, and that I don't have to worry and she loves me. Will I enjoy looking after children? They're my children so I'm going to love them very much, but I've never done anything like it. I'm reading and learning about children. I'm really looking forward to a more normal sex life after we have children too, which my wife promised she'd put a lot of effort in to, since her pregnancy has ruined it.