What do you think my boss thought I said?

My boss asked how I was feeling and I said I was doing better but my throat was still jacked up. He just stares at me and then just says excuse me in a questioning way. I just stare back at him. Then he snaps out of it and asks if I said my throat was jacked up. I said yes. He said that originally he heard... show more My boss asked how I was feeling and I said I was doing better but my throat was still jacked up. He just stares at me and then just says excuse me in a questioning way. I just stare back at him. Then he snaps out of it and asks if I said my throat was jacked up. I said yes. He said that originally he heard something highly offensive that he would prefer not to repeat but that we are good and tells him to let him know if I need anything and changes the subject. We swear around each other and he is not put off by bad language so I'm curious what he possibly thought I said. Any ideas?
Update: I don't think my age-17 he is 35 had anything to do with the situation. If I had to guess I would say he thought it was racial/sexual. I just can't come up with anything that he could mishear that would be that bad.
1 answer 1