Would it be right to put down a blind, old dog?

The dog is a 12 year old Boston terrier already has had one eye amputated and it seems his other eye is going blind. He belongs to my boyfriend's grandpa,before you say "mind your own business" I just want to know if it's possible he could still live a decent life and maybe try to convince his... show more The dog is a 12 year old Boston terrier already has had one eye amputated and it seems his other eye is going blind. He belongs to my boyfriend's grandpa,before you say "mind your own business" I just want to know if it's possible he could still live a decent life and maybe try to convince his owner to let him live awhile longer just to see if he'll adjust to being blind or if it would just be better to put him down. Other than being blind the dog doesn't seem to have any other issues health wise. He is a farm dog and is often let out at night, we also have predators like coyotes around the area so if that makes a difference just putting that out there. Also curious as to if the vet would put the dog to sleep tomorrow when we take him to get examined to see for sure if he is totally blind or if they would make the owner schedule for the euthanasia.
19 answers 19