How much Arctic ice is melting at minus 65 degrees C?

When temperatures drop below -60 C, just about everyone will stay home and not risk going outside and expose skin. Schools in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, on the northwestern shore of Hudson Bay, have therefore remained closed for the past few days. “I don’t remember the last time we actually closed due to weather. This... show more When temperatures drop below -60 C, just about everyone will stay home and not risk going outside and expose skin. Schools in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut, on the northwestern shore of Hudson Bay, have therefore remained closed for the past few days.

“I don’t remember the last time we actually closed due to weather. This is a bit of an extreme,” said Mike Osmond, chair of the Rankin Inlet District Education Authority. Temperatures are running almost 15 degrees colder than normal.