How did you quit smoking?

I know there are hundreds of articles on this, but I want to hear from someone who has really struggled quitting but succeeded. It's crazy because half of me wants to quit more than anything, and it terrifies me that I haven't been able to. I work a high stress job with awful deadlines and I use a cigarette... show more I know there are hundreds of articles on this, but I want to hear from someone who has really struggled quitting but succeeded. It's crazy because half of me wants to quit more than anything, and it terrifies me that I haven't been able to. I work a high stress job with awful deadlines and I use a cigarette break to reset myself. I think the thought of not having it at work has made it difficult to quit. Over holiday i didnt smoke for 7 days and the desire to have one was barely present, but my first day back at work I gave in almost immediately.

Just want to hear othes experiences with what they believe gave them enough motivation to quit and stay quit. The health side scares me a lot, but it doesn't seem to be enough.