How do I explain to my Child that Man Made Global Warming exists with such frigid Cold Temperatures?

My child is on Xmas break and sadly most of the time is inside due to the extreme cold, we do live in a State that does get snow and is cold but not at this level, nor do I recall a cold snap this long or ever during Xmas break as sometimes we don't have snow at Xmas time; we watched the news last nite and the... show more My child is on Xmas break and sadly most of the time is inside due to the extreme cold, we do live in a State that does get snow and is cold but not at this level, nor do I recall a cold snap this long or ever during Xmas break as sometimes we don't have snow at Xmas time; we watched the news last nite and the forecaster told of 2/3rds of America being cold (way below normal highs and lows), my child mentioned we 'need them carbon credits" and I asked him what he meant as I never heard him say something like that, he explained the Global Warming he was taught in school...How do I explain Global Warming during this cold snap? I will need something logical, as my child is very smart, it cannot be, "well, certain areas are cold and certain areas are hot"...that would be like saying Pedophiles only exist in certain states and Politicians don't lie two weeks prior to a full moon. I need help!
Update: update! I told the answers to my child and he questioned magician trent by saying, "then why is a area warm to begin with anyway?" you will need to answer that one magical one