Looking for tough boyfriend and girlfriend?

Looking for an example (in movies, tv, books, comics etc) of a tough boyfriend of a girl who's tough herself and doesn't need protecting. Basically I want the trope of a tough maybe alpha-male-ish boyfriend, except instead of the shy/needy girlfriend who is protected by the big tough alpha male, his... show more Looking for an example (in movies, tv, books, comics etc) of a tough boyfriend of a girl who's tough herself and doesn't need protecting. Basically I want the trope of a tough maybe alpha-male-ish boyfriend, except instead of the shy/needy girlfriend who is protected by the big tough alpha male, his girlfriend is independent, doesn't faint into his arms, or need his protection or nurturing. She also doesn't 'soothe his rough soul with her gentle touch' etc etc.

tldr: I just want a big tough guy romance with a girl who is just as tough, whether it's physically or mentally. (preferably nothing involving them being in the military, etc.) No sexist 'know your place'/'this isn't for a woman' jerks please. It should be a guy who respects his girlfriend.

P.S. - Romance doesn't have to be the main focus of the story, so long as the couple are the main couple/main protagonists.