Humans have no control over the Earth's climate.
The Sun is boss and the Sun has decided to take a nap for the next 30 or so years, so keep your parkas handy!!
Temperatures and Solar Irradiance
There have been three global cooling and three global warming periods
within the last 250 years. These periods all march to the tune of
changing solar irradiance, not CO2 concentrations. (Douglas V. Hoyt and
Kenneth H. Schatten, A Discussion of Plausible Solar Irradiance
Variations, 1700-1992, Journal of Geophysical Research, Vol. 98, No.
All, Pages 18,895-18,906, November 1, 1993). Isn't the correlation
obvious? It's the Sun, not CO2.
Greenhouse Gas Effect (GGE)
Only 3.27% of all CO2 generated comes from man, the other 96.73% comes
from nature. Only 0.001% of water vapor comes from man; the other
99.999% comes from nature. Water vapor by a factor of 26 has more of a
spectral absorption bandwidth or GGE than does CO2. After adding the
contributions of methane, nitrous oxide, and CFCs it turns out only
0.28% of the GGE comes from man, the other 99.72% comes from nature. If
man ceased to exist, the reduction in the GGE would be one part out of
357, or barely noticeable.
Planetary Mechanics - THE Driver of Climate Change
Planetary mechanics is the study of orbiting celestial bodies, including
changes to the solar system barycenter, spin orbit coupling, and changes
in angular momentum. It is the very interaction of the motion of the
planets, Sun and moon which dictate our climate and our weather. This
isn’t theory. This is astrophysics.
Jupiter, Venus and Earth are called the Tidal Planets for good reason.
They control the Sun’s tide and its 11 year sunspot cycle. There are
many harmonics of this basic 11 year Schwab cycle. There is the 22 year
Hale magnetic cycle. There is the 44 year Solar Conveyor Belt cycle.
Every 88 years there is the Gleisberg cycle - an amplitude modulation of
Schwab cycles. There is the 230 deVries cycle. The 1,440 year Bond or
Ice Debris Cycle. The 2,200 year Hallstadt Cycle.
There are numerous other cycles built from combinations of solar, lunar
and planetary cycles. Every 18 years there is the Lunar Tidal Cycle
which corresponds to abundance cycles on Earth. About every 60 years
there is the Pacific Decadal Oscillation cycle, the most powerful
climate force on the planet.
Then there is Uranus and Neptune (U-N) with their 178 year orbit beat
cycle. The Sun also operates in 360 year cycles, a harmonic of the U-N
cycle. Each 360 year cycle is composed of Regular Oscillations,
followed by a Grand Solar Maximum, followed by a Grand Solar Minimum.
This totally predictable 360 year cycle has resulted in the Oort,
Sporer, Maunder, Dalton and other unnamed Minimums within the past two
In 2009, we entered the next Grand Solar Minimum - the Landscheidt
Minimum. This isn’t unfounded speculation. This is traceable,
predictable planetary mechanics (Duhau and de Jager, The Forthcoming
Grand Minimum of Solar Activity, Journal of Cosmology, 2010, Vol 8,
1983-1999). From this point forward be prepared for relentless colder
winter temperatures which will reach bottom around 2040. Along the way
there will be ever-increasing fuel scarcity, crop failures, food
shortages, famines and loss of life of millions. The next Little Ice
Age has begun. No amount of pithy CO2 increase is going to provide
enough life-saving warmth.
Planetary mechanics is the elephant in the room of climate change. The
planets control the climate of the Sun which, combined with the Moon,
control the climate on the Earth. CO2 is only a flea on the elephant’s
rump coming along for the ride.
Various text books and peer reviewed papers