What happens if I use a 110 Volts hair dryer in a country with 220 volts?

Last summer I took my hair dryer to the Philippines and its not a dual voltage hair dryer. I wasn't aware of the voltage difference at that time but I did notice that it was hotter. The thing is I used it almost everyday while I was there and it didn't break or anything. If I continue to do this what will... show more Last summer I took my hair dryer to the Philippines and its not a dual voltage hair dryer. I wasn't aware of the voltage difference at that time but I did notice that it was hotter. The thing is I used it almost everyday while I was there and it didn't break or anything. If I continue to do this what will happen? I am going back and I dont have time to find a converter.

Also I am going to Japan as well where their voltage is 100, since its lower would it still work there though?