Sony PSP 2001 Will Not Connect To My Wifi Connection With WPA1 Security And WLAN Switch Turned On. Receive error message during test?

I purchased a Star Wars Battlefront Edition PSP 2001 with the Darth Vader Symbol on the battery cover at a specialty store today. The unit powers on, plays games and movies, and basically functions normally except establishing a wireless network connection to my modem / router. My internet provider is Xfinity /... show more I purchased a Star Wars Battlefront Edition PSP 2001 with the Darth Vader Symbol on the battery cover at a specialty store today. The unit powers on, plays games and movies, and basically functions normally except establishing a wireless network connection to my modem / router. My internet provider is Xfinity / Comcast. Originally my Connection was set to WPA2 as the Security Type.

I have the WLAN Switch turned on and I followed the instructions from recent online videos (2016 and later) and went to the Gateway Settings Page to change my Security Setting from WPA2 to WPA1 so the PSP could recognize the connection. It does, however I'm still getting an error message after the connection is established and I try testing the connection stating.

"A connection error has occurred.

A connection to the access point could not be established.

Check the security settings for the network and try again."

I've already troubleshooted all of this and I still can't connect my PSP to my Wifi Connection. Why is this still happening? Did Sony shut down the PSP Servers for good or something?
Update: I added the PSP's MAC Address to Router Settings and it still doesn't work.
1 answer 1