How to fix earphones (one of them doesn't work sometimes)?

I have a pair of samsung earphones (the oldish kind with the flat wires and rubber plugs to put in your ear. It came with the Samsung s4. and just last week the right ear didn't work right. Like, it's barely there but still somewhat audible if you remove the left earphone. Right now it's working even... show more I have a pair of samsung earphones (the oldish kind with the flat wires and rubber plugs to put in your ear. It came with the Samsung s4. and just last week the right ear didn't work right. Like, it's barely there but still somewhat audible if you remove the left earphone.

Right now it's working even if I move it around a bit but I'm sure it's gonna stop working again sometime.

Is this a hopeless case or can I still fix it?

I'm picky with earphone quality so I don't want to buy a cheap new pair but I also don't have the money atm to buy a new one (if I did I would've bought earpods a while back)

Also another reason I don't wanna buy a new set is bc my puppy has broken at least 5 earphones in this year and whenever I think she's already been trained to stop chewing on things she does it again.