Question about the MCAT?

So I am a college sophomore and I told my professor that I wanted to go to med school. He said that I would need to take a total of 4 psyxhology courses. For the people who took the MCAT recently, was there really that much psychology or could I get by with just taking intro to psych and one more psych course

Pick up a MCAR review book and look at it, if there is a pre med adviser on your campus, talk to them as well. Psych is not all that necessary for med school.

• eri

Psychology is not a required class for premed students. One semester is recommended, as is one semester of sociology. You do need a year of bio, 2 years of chem, a year of physics, and a year of calculus.

I don't remember my daughter doing all of that psych. She is a anesthesiologist now. Talk to someone who really knows.