Why do people get angry over fur and animal fashion items but not meat?

I was on a social media app and i announced that I got these eyelashes made out of mink fur cheap on amazon. A bunch of people attacked me and called me this awful person for supporting it. I made the comparison to meat, both harm an animal for humans to enjoy. People were saying that meat was essential and mink... show more I was on a social media app and i announced that I got these eyelashes made out of mink fur cheap on amazon. A bunch of people attacked me and called me this awful person for supporting it. I made the comparison to meat, both harm an animal for humans to enjoy. People were saying that meat was essential and mink eyelashes were different, yet there are tons of vegans and vegetarians who survive without meat in their lives.
People always get angry over pictures of fur coats on instagram but they rarely ever attack a picture of plate of chicken or a leather jacket.

A fur coat does require plenty of dead animals, but it can be passed down for generations and it lasts forever. Meat just lasts until you eat it.

I dont understand why people got angry over the eyelashes, yet they defended meat and the meat industry.
Why is fur more controversial than meat?