18 Year Old Male Car Insurance!?!?

I'm turning 18 soon and will be going off to college. The college I'm looking at is dirt cheap with some scholarships they gave me, so I'm thinking of getting a loan on a nice car for my birthday, as my current car is due to explode any day now. I'm looking at a 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD. I... show more I'm turning 18 soon and will be going off to college. The college I'm looking at is dirt cheap with some scholarships they gave me, so I'm thinking of getting a loan on a nice car for my birthday, as my current car is due to explode any day now.

I'm looking at a 2012 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD. I have no accidents, no tickets, and good grades. However, State Farm is quoting me $480 a month for the following:

$25,000/$50,000 Injury
$25,000 Property
Comprehensive ($2,000 Deductible)
Collision ($2,000 Deductible)
$25,000/$50,000 Uninsured Coverage
Emergency Road Service

This seems absurd for such a car. In 42 Months (Well before paying off the car) I would have already paid more in insurance than such a car would even be worth (About $20,000). Any idea why this is, and how I can make this cheaper? The $400/month or so car payment I could manage, but adding this absurd insurance wouldn't make it work. The problem is, most any 4WD vehicle under $10,000 or so are often so beat up you're not going to get much life out of them.