How long can a VCR (VHS Player) last?

Hi, I recently found my old Childhood VHS Player, it is a VWM-900 Sanyo I have played multiple tapes in it recently and I was just curious as to how long one of these machines can continue to work? I haven't used or cleaned it since we packed it into storage in mid 2009, I've owned it since 2004/2005 it... show more Hi, I recently found my old Childhood VHS Player, it is a VWM-900 Sanyo I have played multiple tapes in it recently and I was just curious as to how long one of these machines can continue to work?

I haven't used or cleaned it since we packed it into storage in mid 2009, I've owned it since 2004/2005 it still plays tapes perfectly fine I was just curious as to how long they can play tapes?

And also, if I were to keep it well maintained and cleaned it regularly could extend it's life indefinitely? I do know VHS tapes cannot last forever, the tapes degrades each time they are watched, but I'm going to just ignore that fact since there is nothing I can do to stop it.