How to convince my parents to get a 3rd dog?

I have 2 dogs and they’re totally spoiled.. We love in a rural area, my mom works from home and they get usually 3-4 LONG walks a day. They sleep on our beds, go everywhere with us, etc. I visited our local shelter a couple weeks ago and fell in love with a dog there. He is a Boxer/Lab mix and is adorable. He was... show more I have 2 dogs and they’re totally spoiled.. We love in a rural area, my mom works from home and they get usually 3-4 LONG walks a day. They sleep on our beds, go everywhere with us, etc. I visited our local shelter a couple weeks ago and fell in love with a dog there. He is a Boxer/Lab mix and is adorable. He was surrendered to the shelter with a few reported behavior problems—chases cats(not to harm just to play), chases kids on bikes & is not trained at all.

I fell in love with this dog and begged my parents to let me adopt him. We go to the shelter to walk him everyday, and know him well. This dog is SO trainable. Smart breed, smart dog, he just needs a loving owner to help him.

My parents say no way we are getting a 3rd dog because 3 dogs is too much responsibility and he chases cats and we have cats. I have come up w solutions for all of the possible senarios—I will take the pressure off of them&walk the dog, and I’ve said I will train him not to chase the cats. I’ve researched on how to do that and I feel I can help this dog and make his life better. He’s a huge dog locked in this small kennel who gets barely any exercise, who has gotten adopted and returned to the shelter THREE TIMES just because he’s not trained. He’s the kind of dog that will bounce around a lot because he has zero training. I want to help him and be his forever home.