Do I need "moisture barrier tape" for my new dishwasher?

I m installing a new Whirlpool dishwasher. It recommends optional "moisture barrier tape" for wood countertops. Mine is laminate on particleboard, with "bullnose" edges -- the kind where the front curves 180 degrees all the way around to the bottom, making a semicircle of the edge. It s about... show more I m installing a new Whirlpool dishwasher. It recommends optional "moisture barrier tape" for wood countertops.

Mine is laminate on particleboard, with "bullnose" edges -- the kind where the front curves 180 degrees all the way around to the bottom, making a semicircle of the edge. It s about 15 years old.

I m removing a 15yo Kenmore dishwasher which has venting on the front door in the same place as the new Whirlpool. I see that there was no moisture barrier tape installed, and I also see that there is absolutely no water damage at all to the countertop s particle board above the dishwasher.

Do I need that moisture barrier tape? Or does the bullnose design protect it?