Tax and UK pension?

I will be drawing my UK pension shortly and have been told that I may have to pay tax on it if I move to Portugal, I was under the impression that once tax was paid in one country it shouldn't be paid in any other European country, I am sure my pension will have been taxed in the UK before I receive it, anyone any wiser?

Thanks John, not too worried about the Brexit thing as I cant see it happening, I do agree that the will of the people should be upheld, but when has that ever stopped a lying politician?

• Tavy

Never heard of that. Your pensions will only be taxed in the U.K. if you go over your UK allowance of 11.500 a year.

My husbands army pension is taxed, i cannot see that another country will be allowed to take tax as well.

GOOGLE A pension advisor in your area or talk to DWP.

The situation is very complex

Talk to a financial advisor specialising in foreign residency with a pension.

It will get more complex with Brexit.

Yiu may not be permitted to live in Portugal as that has not been agreed yet