HIV insti test question. please help!?

In February of 2016, I made a mistake of sleeping with a man who's HIV status was un known to me, and stupidly didn't use protection. a few months later I had gotten strep throat for the first time in my life. then in July of 2016 I went to the Washington West Project in philly to get HIV tested. They used the HIV insti test that takes 60 seconds. My result was negative. Just recently,( july 2017) I started to freak myself out again and decided to go back and test again. My result was negative.How sure can I be that these tests were accurate? Im so nervous still that Ive been having dreams about positive and negative tests, please help me!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 years ago

Edit: My bad i answered and thought i read february 2017 and then i realized it said 2016. Usually you need to wait 3-6 months and it's been over a year since your first couple tests. Idk about insta tests, but if you are worried go to a real doctor and get a blood test for it. Those blood test usually take a week to fully analyze in a lab and come back.

• 3 years ago

You can't be sure those tests are accurate because they are inconsistent. You wasted good money getting tested. Guess you'll have to keep on worrying yourself sick.

• 3 years ago

you don't have HIV

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.